*Support listed below has changed due to COVID-19. Please see our new post here
We’ve compiled a list of all the Breastfeeding support (we know of) in Salford and will also be building lists for Manchester, Bury, Trafford and Tameside. BOOBS is working with a range of partners to make sure all mums are supported to breastfeed for as long as they can/want to.
Support provided directly by BOOBS;
BOOBS Mother Supporters are available to have a 1-1 appointment with on the following days;
Wednesdays @ Salford Sling & Meet 12-2.30 pm The Funhouse Swinton
Every other Friday @ Salford Sling & Meet, The Dispensary, Walkden
Online discussions and chats available any evenings via Messenger.
Salford Breastfeeding support run by NCT Bolton & North West Manchester;
- Every two weeks on Tuesdays at Walkden M&S 9.30 am -11.30 am.
- Thursdays 10.30-12.30 at The Blind Pig, Monton (Monton Bumps & Babies group)
Salford support run by Health Visitors at The Sure Start Children Centres.
- 6 week course of Antenatal sessions 4.30pm-6.30pm Weds – book via 01617780495. Sessions available at Ingleside and Swinton Gateway
- Fridays @ Clifton Community centre – Well baby clinic with drop-in infant feeding support 9.30-11am
Run by South Salford Children’s Centre – (Winton, Barton, Eccles, Irlam & Cadishead)
- Tuesdays 1.45 -2.30 pm @ Irlam & Cadishead Leisure centre; Baby Social drop in – last Tuesday of the month covering baby’s first foods.
- Wednesday 11.30 – 12.45 pm @ Winton Children’s centre; Baby social drop in.
- Tuesdays 1.15-2 pm Baby social & Baby Massage @Broughton Hub
- Tuesdays 2pm – 2.45 Baby feeding advice @ Broughton Hub
- First Tuesday of the month – 2-3.30 pm Babies first foods @Broughton Hub
Run by Central Children’s centre (formerly Belvedere, Langworthy & Primrose hill)
- Mondays 1.30pm-2.30pm Baby social (feeding advice and a messy play session for non-walkers) @ Broughton Hub
- Tuesday 10 am – 11.30 am – Well Baby clinic @ Orsdall Neighborhood centre
- Tuesdays 1.30 pm – 2.30 pm Baby social @ Ingleside Birth and Community centre
- Thursdays 1.30 pm – 2.30 pm Baby social (feeding advice and messy play session for non walkers) @ Langworthy Cornerstone
Run by West Salford Children’s centre (formerly Little Hulton and St Paul’s);
- Mondays 1pm – 2.30 pm – Baby Massage followed by Baby social with infant feeding advice and support @ St Paul’s Church hall, Walkden
- Thursdays 10 am – 11.30 am Baby Massage followed by Baby social with infant feeding advice and support @ Little Hulton Children’s Centre.
This page was published 07/10/2019 UPDATED February 2020