Getting the right support for you and your baby is vital. Don’t be afraid to reach out to somebody who can help. You are not alone. <3
For urgent feeding advice and support out of hours you can contact the hospital where you delivered.
- Central Manchester Infant feeding team 0161 276 6246
- Royal Bolton NHS Foundation Trust 01204 390423.
- North Manchester(Pennine Acute Trust ) 0161 625 8033/8016
- Warrington and Halton NHS Foundation Trust 01925 662 334
- Ingleside Birth Centre 0161 745 8028
National Breastfeeding support – most helplines available until 9.30 pm
- National Breastfeeding Helpline 0300 100 0212,
- NCT Breastfeeding Helpline 0300 330 0771
- The Breastfeeding Network 0300 100 0210,
- Association of Breastfeeding Mothers 0844 122 949
- La Leche League 0845 120 2918
Salford specific support
Updated January 2022
- We are now running our own Peer support service both online and face to face in Salford and Bury at our BOOBS venues.
- Webchat can be accessed through this website Monday-Fridays 10am to 1pm to speak to a volunteer (there should be a pink chat button on the homepage). If you can’t get hold of us please leave your name, email address and phone number and we will get in touch as soon as we can.
- You can now also book an appointment with a BOOBS peer Supporter through our bookings system and choose a face to face meeting, telephone or Zoom call. Please contact Rachel on 07426835535 or email email@example.com to book.
- We will update our social media with our Breastfeeding cafes and other pop up events where we are offering support.
- We also have a BOOBS members group which you are able to post in and ask any question at any time.
- If you gave birth in Bolton or Ingleside, you will have access to a lactation consultant based at the hospital. Ring the birth centre or the Bolton postnatal ward on 01204 390631.
- Your health visitor should also be able to give initial feeding support.
Bury based support
- If you live in Bury you are likely to be under the care of Northern Care Alliance.
- You can loan a breast pump from the Bury Health Visiting service – 0161 762 3291
- BOOBS now has BOOBS in Bury Mother supporter volunteers ready to support you. As above, drop in via our webchat on this website or call Rachel on 07426835535 for an appointment in one of our venues.
- Bury Health Visiting service has a Facebook page with more information on. You can also visit the Northern Care alliance website to find out the numbers for the Health visiting teams in the borough.
- Our BOOBS in Bury Facebook or Instagram pages can be messaged at any time.
Manchester based support
Manchester Infant Feeding team who are based within Manchester’s Health visiting team: https://www.facebook.com/infantfeedingteam/ or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org
Other online support
Greater Manchester Breastfeeding Support Facebook Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/manchesterbreastfeedingsupport
Our friend Jackie at The Breastfeeding Companion is a Bury-based IBCLC and her website is full of videos, articles and information.
If you need support on ANYTHING else, please don’t be afraid to contact us and we’ll see if we can help. Our parent social enterprise Visit from the Stork CIC helps parents deal with LOTS of different situations including helping those in need of baby essentials. No matter what the issue is, you are not alone. Our email is email@example.com and our door at Suite 18, 6th Floor, St James’ House at Salford Precinct, is always open.
Updated 07th November 2021
Review January 2022