Getting the right support for you and your baby is vital. Don’t be afraid to reach out to somebody who can help. You are not alone. <3
For urgent feeding advice and support out of hours you can contact the hospital where you delivered.
- Central Manchester Infant feeding team 0161 276 6246
- Royal Bolton NHS Foundation Trust 01204 390423.
- North Manchester(Pennine Acute Trust ) 0161 625 8033/8016
- Warrington and Halton NHS Foundation Trust 01925 662 334
- Ingleside Birth Centre 0161 745 8028
National Breastfeeding support – most helplines available until 9.30 pm
- National Breastfeeding Helpline 0300 100 0212,
- NCT Breastfeeding Helpline 0300 330 0771
- The Breastfeeding Network 0300 100 0210,
- Association of Breastfeeding Mothers 0844 122 949
- La Leche League 0845 120 2918
Salford specific support
UPDATED FEBRUARY 2021
- We are now running our own Peer support service – due to covid-19 this is now online. You can drop in on this website Monday-Fridays 10am to 1pm to speak to a volunteer via our webchat service (there should be a pink chat button). If you can’t get hold of us please leave your name, email address and phone number and we will get in touch as soon as we can.
- You can now also book an appointment with a BOOBS Mother Supporter through our bookings system and choose a telephone, webchat or zoom call. Please contact Rachel on 07426835535 or email email@example.com to book.
- We are hoping to get back out to doing pop up support at our BOOBS Approved venues in both Salford and Bury after lockdown is finished. We will update our social media!!
- We also have a BOOBS members group which you are able to post in and ask any question at any time.
- If you gave birth in Bolton or Ingleside, you will have access to a lactation consultant based at the hospital. Ring the birth centre or the hospital for more information.
Bury based support
- If you live in Bury you are likely to be under the care of Northern Care Alliance.
- You can loan a breast pump from the Bury Health Visiting service – 0161 762 3291
- BOOBS now has BOOBS in Bury Mother supporter volunteers ready to support you. As above, drop in via our webchat on this website or call Rachel on 07426835535 for an appointment.
- Bury Health Visiting service has a Facebook page with more information on. You can also visit the Northern Care alliance website to find out the numbers for the Health visiting teams in the borough.
Manchester based support
Manchester Infant Feeding team who are based within Manchester’s Health visiting team: https://www.facebook.com/infantfeedingteam/ or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org
Other online support
Greater Manchester Breastfeeding Support Facebook Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/manchesterbreastfeedingsupport
Our friend Jackie at The Breastfeeding Companion is a Bury-based IBCLC and her website is full of videos, articles and information.
If you need support on ANYTHING else, please don’t be afraid to contact us and we’ll see if we can help. Our parent social enterprise Visit from the Stork CIC helps parents deal with LOTS of different situations including helping those in need of baby essentials. No matter what the issue is, you are not alone. Our email is email@example.com and our door at Suite 18, 6th Floor, St James’ House at Salford Precinct, is always open.
Updated 23rd February 2021
Review April 2021