Visit From The Stork CIC, (T/A B.O.O.B.S) is committed to protecting any personal information that we collect. We therefore issue this privacy notice in the interests of transparency over how we use and process the personal data that we collect from visitors to our website, attendees at our events, the people we support, our staff and volunteers, and any subsidiaries. This policy sets out how we will process and store any personal information that we collect from you.
Who are we?
The data controller is Visit from the Stork CIC.
Visit from the Stork CIC is a Community Interest Company aiming to support all parents by providing advice, information, campaigns and events to deliver the resources parents need around Salford.
B.O.O.B.S (Be Open on Breastfeeding in Salford) is a project of Visit from the Stork CIC, aiming to empower mums to be open about all aspects of their breastfeeding journey, and inspire others to breastfeed for longer.
On some occasions, Visit from the Stork CIC t/a B.O.O.B.S may be required to collect data on behalf of a third party, for example Salford or Manchester City council, or NHS Salford CCG. However any data we collect for third parties will still be processed according to this policy.
What information do we collect?
We will always ensure that we have a justifiable reason behind any data collection, and this will usually be for a mutually beneficial purpose.
We have an opt-in process for our emails and newsletters and we promise never to spam you.
The types of information we collect are:
- Information about individuals wo we support through our events, providing they have prior consented to their information being stored.
- Information about individuals who have purchased our products (these are usually in the form of emails and / or postal addresses).
- Information about our staff and volunteers.
- Information about individuals who have applied to work or volunteer with us.
- Information about our Directors / Board Members.
- Photos of parents and babies from our events, providing they have prior consented to this.
- Information about our BOOBS Supporters and Venues.
- Information about individuals and businesses who work with us at our events.
- Information about our suppliers.
- Information about individuals who have consented to receive our newsletter and event information.
- Information about individuals who enquire about training with us.
- Information about individuals who respond to our surveys or questionnaires.
- Information about individuals who visit our website.
- Information about individuals who email us to make an enquiry, report a concern or complaint or give us feedback.
How do we use personal information?
- To provide the support services or information you have requested.
- To identify an individual for the purposes of recruitment, training or volunteering.
- To maintain that information for the general purposes of the ongoing employment, training or volunteering relationship including performing the employment/volunteer contract, maintaining the health and safety of individuals on our premises and enabling our volunteers to operate safely and effectively.
- To deliver the services you have requested by joining our membership schemes.
- To notify the relevant parties of any changes to our Board of Trustees.
- To process or acknowledge any donations made to us.
- To deliver products or services ordered via our online shop, by email or by post.
- To contact the people who are working at our events and to arrange payment of any fees or expenses.
- We will need this information in relation to any contract for goods or services supplied to us.
- To process responses to our surveys or questionnaires.
- To send the monthly newsletter or other promotions (no spam!)
- To assess which area visitors to our website are located and which pages they visit.
- To respond to enquiries, concerns, complaints or feedback.
What legal basis do we have for processing your personal data?
There are six legal grounds for processing personal data according to the GDPR laws.
- Legitimate interests
- Vital interests
- Public interest
- Legal obligation
We will never process data unless at least one of these grounds are applicable.
When do we share personal data?
Visit from the Stork CIC t/a B.O.O.B.S promise never to divulge personal data to any third parties, unless not doing so would prevent us from delivering a product or service. If this is the case, we will always gain consent before sharing any information.
Where do we store and process personal data?
All our data is stored in our internal database.
How do we secure personal data?
To keep personal data secure, we ensure that our database is password protected, passwords are changed frequently, and access is only granted to trusted staff or volunteers.
How long do we keep your personal data for?
All personal data that we store will be kept, if consent-based, until the individual withdraws their consent.
All personal data from customers will be stored for 5 years after the last purchase or interaction with us unless requested otherwise.
Any other data (including but not limited to the data provided by trustees, consumers of our information, suppliers and contractors) will be stored for 5 years after the last interaction with us unless requested otherwise.
Your rights in relation to personal data
At any time, any individual can request access to their personal information and it will be granted.
At any time, any individual can request their personal information be amended or deleted and it will be granted.
At any time, any individual can withdraw consent for Visit from the Stork CIC t/a B.O.O.B.S storing their data.
Any complaints should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and will be responded to within 7 working days.
Linking to other websites / third party content
We do provide links to third parties on our website, including but not limited to links to our BOOBS Supporters. Please note we do not take any responsibility for any individual who chooses to share personal information with these companies. Please refer to their privacy policies if you have any queries or complaints.